Saturday, January 3, 2015

REVIEW: Gobble.com Roasted Root Vegetables with Risotto

Gobble claims: "Gobble prepares farm fresh 10-minute gourmet dinner kits with 3-step instructions delivered to your door. Our weekly delivery includes three thoughtfully hand-crafted dinner kits filled with fresh pre-chopped and par-cooked ingredients (along with a gorgeous recipe card!) for you to create Michelin-worthy dinners in your very own kitchen."

Gobble delivers: prepped ingredients and instructions for healthy, delicious dinners that I have been able to cook in 9-15 minutes (our electric stove takes 4 minutes to get to the right temperature, and our oven takes 15 minutes to get hot which slow down my cook time). My husband is a foodie and was skeptical, but we have been pleasantly surprised at how good these meals are. They are better than most of the restaurants we have here in the suburbs.

Down side/up side: Gobble is a bit like the Columbia House Music Club (I'm dating myself here) where you sign up for weekly delivery when you join, and then have to "Skip Delivery" on their website to cancel for that week or email them to cancel permanently. On the up side, the service is great so you just might want to keep the weekly deliveries.

The Roasted Root Vegetables with Risotto took me just over 9 minutes to cook. It took me another 2 minutes to plate and split up the veggies evenly (my food presentation skills could use some improvement).


The dinner kit was intended to only serve 2 people. We have 2 kids so I actually baked a tri-tip in the oven and then cooked this meal while the meat was resting, turning it into a meal that served 4.

How did it taste... the risotto was better than any I've made, and better than many restaurants I've ordered it from. The root vegetables were perfectly cooked. The brussels sprouts were hands down the best I've ever had. I didn't know I like rutabaga. I could eat this once a week.

We have tried several of the kits now (I'll blog more soon) and have really enjoyed the meals. The Gobble dinner kits have more vegetables and are healthier than most of our local restaurants and the dinners are faster/cheaper than take out. AND they are delicious. Plus they are delivered to my doorstep saving me a trip to the grocery store. We've started making larger meals on the weekends so I can feed the kids leftovers and make these Gobble meals for my husband and I to eat together after he works late. I could literally gobble them up. 2 forks up!

If you live in California and Nevada you can use this link https://gobble.com/invites/G0BcMtWkh to get a free dinner kit to try them yourself. Gobble is trying to expand to other states soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment